Meet the Expert: Dr. Clive Williams
Psychologist – Author – Speaker
Doc Clive is interested (some say obsessed) with the process and stages of navigating change and problem-solving in personal, professional and organisational settings. He is an accredited psychologist for over 38 years, supporting people to effectively deal with their anxiety, depression and relationship difficulties.
1. What is your role?
I run my own clinic.
2. What was your first job?
Delivery boy at a local chemist.
3. Who is your hero?
4. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Where I live now.
5. If you could have a dinner party with anyone in the world, which three people would you invite?
Joseph Campbell, Abraham Maslow and Esther Perel.
6.What makes your heart sing?
7. What do you do to switch off from work?
Singing, horses, running and exercising
8. How do you manage the stressors of work and life?
Singing, horses, running, exercising, CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), and a good cry with my husband or close friends.
9. What is one thing all businesses should be doing to support the health and wellbeing of their people?
More self-aware management. Managers who are conscious of their coping strategies and their limitations rather than managers who simply blame and finger point.
10. CTM Partners are about Conversations That Matter. Why are conversations that matter important to you?
They increase the chance of genuine connection with people rather than tiptoeing around any elephants in the room.
11. How can we create more opportunities to have conversations that matter?
Initiate them in your personal life.
Thanks for your time, Clive!